Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-29-2004, 06:57 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default cd burner troubles

ok so my friend has this problem with his cd burner/software and so far all i know is that he gets a speed error message when burning cds. he can burn 1 or 2 cds but then after that the burner gives him a message saying slow down your burn speed and all of the cds fail after that. he installed another cd burner and both burners did the same thing. he slowed down both to 4x and has tried many different programs. i have not even looked at this computer so this is all i can tell you about it. just wondering if it sounds like a software issue maybe a driver? or a hardware issue so as to maybe figuring this out. any help at all would be appreciated.

jdubb5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:49 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to Cronodude360

think its a hardware issue, not speficially the burners but the heat, burning CD's make a lot of heat on your comp and MAYBE its heating up too much so your motherboard gives you that message to try and cool down some of the componants.

Cronodude360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:50 AM   #3
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: cd burner troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubb5005
ok so my friend has this problem with his cd burner/software and so far all i know is that he gets a speed error message when burning cds. he can burn 1 or 2 cds but then after that the burner gives him a message saying slow down your burn speed and all of the cds fail after that. he installed another cd burner and both burners did the same thing. he slowed down both to 4x and has tried many different programs. i have not even looked at this computer so this is all i can tell you about it. just wondering if it sounds like a software issue maybe a driver? or a hardware issue so as to maybe figuring this out. any help at all would be appreciated.
oops.
Windows version
Burner brand
Burner software
Did you read the help files
p.s you shoud not have to "slow down"Maybe shut down "all other runnining applications.
Strange i just told my neighbor that earlier and he seem to get it !
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote