Case swap

Sharpy1

In Runtime
Hi all I made a post on here a a while ago about moving a computer into a different case and doing a new build this never happened I had a baby with my girlfriend and money didn't alow :( so now I have a different plan for the same computer.

What I want to do is swap an oem desktop into a 4u rack case

I haven't brought a case yet wanted to know if I would encounter any problems with the swap eg motherboard sizes & psu size & front panel header (as its just a solid block on the tower case)

The tower I want to swap is an Acer pictures enclosed

And the case I want to use is something like the 4u logic case
Picture enclosed

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Computer Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1484155607753.jpg
    1484155607753.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 1484155889343.jpg
    1484155889343.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 5
The case header is not labeled and neither is anything that plugs into the header it's just colour coded but doesn't have a label to what they mean

I am assuming the motherboard and the psu will fit fine the case header will be a problem I will upload a picture of the header on the MB as soon as possible

Last edited:
I looked up your case on Logic's website, it says it supports standard ATX form factor motherboards, so I don't know why it would be a problem. The header connectors look pretty standard to me from the picture also, although it's hard to tell. You can always splice that stuff together if you have to.

What sort of rack are you putting this thing in out of curiosity?

Just planning on using a 12u 600mm deep network cabinet for a few pieces of networking equipment

The header on my board lookes like this it's not a picture of my board but it's very close I will check my board and upload a better photo ASAP

Forgot to attach the picture lol

Attachments

• 1484217640508.jpg
    1484217640508.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 5
Just checked my motherboard and the header is exactly the same as the one pictured above there is no labeling or colour grid just a solid jack that connects to the header

I don't see a problem here. Just hook it up in the new case like it is hooked up in the old case.
You can trace the wires to see what the connect to now and make a diagram, or look up the motherboard online to find the diagram the manufacturer created for it.

Last edited:
The new case won't have a solid block that fits into the header it will be separate for Hdd power etc and I won't no where they go

Trace the wires and you will know where they go.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

What make and model motherboard is it?

Back
Top Bottom