Case fan size

pitbull30

Baseband Member
How do you measure a case fan? I saw a few google posts and they made it seem pretty simple. Just measure straight across.

I just want to make sure I get the right one. Do you measure the vent width? or do you measure diagonal, or mouting screw to mounting screw etc.?

The case I have is a Apex PC-389.

Thanks

How do you measure a case fan? I saw a few google posts and they made it seem pretty simple. Just measure straight across.

I just want to make sure I get the right one. Do you measure the vent width? or do you measure diagonal, or mouting screw to mounting screw etc.?

The case I have is a Apex PC-389.

Thanks

edge to edge. straight across. :D
Generally, the only 2 sizes are 80mm and 120mm.

The rear exhaust fan is 80mm and the fan that goes in front of the hard drive cage is 92mm. You can fit a 92mm in the rear as well, but you need grommets for that.

They are circular, so it doesn't matter which way you measure it :p

what if they wernt circular? lol

but like most say its either 80 or 120, or 8cm or 12cm, how ever u wanna look at it, unless a case has a special size like antecs 1200 with its 200cm fan.

The rear exhaust fan is 80mm and the fan that goes in front of the hard drive cage is 92mm. You can fit a 92mm in the rear as well, but you need grommets for that.

Hi,

Did you find those specs online? I searched google and couldnt find it.

I realize they are circular but I wasnt sure if they measure from mounting hole to mounting hole or just the circle diameter.

Thanks for the replies! once again.

They are measured edge to edge as foothead described earlier.

opentopic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom