Case fan questions

well it depends how the fans are set up i mean do u have one fan as an intake and ones sucking air out or for the 120mm one is it just sucking air out or what? and can u show us the cases your thinking of getting?

This is the wonderful case I have my eyes on. These are two very similar cases, but with different fan config. Both have 4 fans. One uses all 80mm while the other case uses 2x 80mm & 2x 120mm fans. Here they are:

The one with 4x 80mm fans: (this one I think it can actually hold 5 fans if you look at the picture on the packaging)
Lian Li PC-60USB B2 Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112022

Here's the one with 2x 120mm & 2x 80mm fans:
Lian Li PC-60APlus Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112077

Looks like everyone's aiming for the 120mm. Aren't the Lian cases sweet? Damn, look at all the reviews. Not one single negative remark. Solid built, all aluminum, and it's got thermal protection, and all kinds of cooling gizmos you add onto it. There's a special CPU and PCI cooler with that Lian case (the 120mm one). So neat.

get 120mm's. The 80mm only come in 80x25, 120's come in 120x25 or 120x38. the 120x38 are thicker so they move more air, and create more pressure. If you were to get a vantec tornado with like 70dba, might as well get a Delta TFB extreme. They have the same noise levels but the Delta TFB extreme push 220CFM of air. Keep in mind that you can always undervolt a fan.

Yeah, I'm planning on one of the Antec TruePower SLi PSU when the time comes. THey only come in 550watts but that should be ok. I figured a 600watt would be nice, but they don't make any. I mean, running dual 7800GTX is pushing 280watts or something like that? Plus the top of the line X2 is another 100 something watts and consider every other components running at full load with the grand total being over the 550watt mark. I'm sure with dual video cards, it would still be fine.

Back
Top Bottom