Case fan making my pc run slow?

samuel_Ryecrof

Beta member
Ok first post here so bear with me here, basically I have just got a 120mm delta fan ( I know there loud and are more powerful than you're going to want in a normal pc but that's not the problem) whenever I use the delta fan my pc runs slowly, it normally takes maybe 20 seconds to boot without it and with the fan on it takes a good 6 or 7 minutes and then still runs really slowly or blue screens, at first I thought it was my PSU unable to provide the power needed so I used a power supply just for the fans and one for the rest of my pc but I'm still having the same problem even with no physical connection between the fan and the rest of the pc. Anyone one have any ideas? Btw my PSU is a 700w PSU if you need any more detail just let me know

700 watt power supply made by whom? Just because the fan isn't connected anymore doesn't mean the problem will go away completely.

It also varies depending on who made the power supply, the wattage rating (at a given temp) and how old it is.

How many times have you turned it off and on? It would just be coincidence that it's going slow with the fan plugged in.

my psu is a ezcool psu ambiance 80+ and its only about 3 months old now so fairly new thanks again any help is appreciated

If you unplug the fan, does the problem go away? You might be having a pretty big coincidence having a fan to slow the PC down. It might have been software wise, and it had to land on a day you put a fan in.

Have you tried turning the fan around?

which direction your fan blows can make a huge difference to the temperature and the temperature can in turn make a difference to performance and eventuall BSOD.

i had a computer with a similar issue, just put 2 new case fans on the side panel blowing air out of the case and my rear fan was already blowing air out, turns out i didnt have any air at all in the case and it was just getting hotter and hotter.

Not a guranteed solution but denitely worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom