case fan

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
i want to install i new case fan for a bit more coolness inside the case but not sure where to put one. it looks as though the back of the case has holes to accomadate another exhaust fan but all the exhaust fans i have seen now fit in a pci slot and i dont think these will do the job.where and how do i mount a case fan or how do i get a exhaust fan that will fit.

Well...

Most case fans are 80mm. For you non-metric types that's 3 inches between the screw holes. Or roughly there abouts.
Star-Tech makes a good low cost fan that just screams. Not noise wise but moving a lot of air wise. Same for Mad Dog's Techy Toys label.

Now as for mounting them. The decal is the direction the air flows in so it goes to the case on the inside. Mounting screws come in from the outside. One thing that you may want to consider is cutout the fan grid on the case. The little areas in between the holes impeds the flow of air. Modders like myself have tin snips and nibbing tools to remove this grid. You have to be really really careful if you go this route. I open the case and lay it down on the open side if taking the system apart is unacceptable. I normally stuff the case with a large beach towel to be sure nothing gets on the goodies inside. Otherwise everything comes out. Hole saws are nice too but cost too much for a one shot deal like in your case.
Just be careful...

HA HA HA - you could of put somet else in that thread as well, maybe some links to fans, Cummon guys be creative!!

Back
Top Bottom