Case/Coolers

Thing about the Aspire is that it's a bit big for my taste. I initially thought that the Antec was the smallest... I was suprised:

Antec Lifestyle SONATA II Piano: 2521 Square Inches
MGE Quantum: 2438.1 Square Inches
Broadway Com Corp: 2368 Square Inches
Aspire X-Alien: 3050.4 Square Inches

I've narrowed it further to these:
- Antec LifeStyle SONATA II Piano Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450Watt SmartPower 2.0 ATX 12V V2.0 for AMD & Intel systems Power Supply (The reviews are very compelling)
- MGE QUANTUM CA-QUANTUM Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (A bit expensive, but looks nice)
- Broadway Com Corp 82-4HL Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply (The LCD is nice, lots of ports, cheap, the best power supply of them all... but what happened to the reviews?)

That Kingwin case isn't bad. Maximum PC used it for their "$1,000 Gaming Rig" in the June issue.

Get either that or the Antec Sonata II. You'll be glad you did. The quality is very nice in both cases.

Thing is about the Kingwin is that it scratches easily, the cathode lights don't exactly catch the subtlety that I'm looking for, and something's wrong with the audio jack, according to the reviews.

The Antec looks nice... never heard of the Broadway (see above post for final choices) and the Quantum lacks support.

Maximum PC stated that the LCD or something would require some messing around with, however.

If you are worried about drive vibrations, the P-180 i know for sure come with silicone washers that the drive sits on so it absorbs the noise.

All Antec cases now come with silicone washers, if not the HDD Suspension System. I'm sure the Sonata II has them as well.

Back
Top Bottom