For my question, I am talking about the reknowned Kingwin
1. It has 5 5.25" external bays... enough for my plans for two optical drives and two rubber band suspended hard drives. The thing is, can it do rubber-band suspension, or is its architecture not matching of the example given in Maximum PC's do-it-yourself guide?
2. In the reviews I read about some problems on the audio jack... can someone explain them to me?
3. If possible, I need suggestions for a case containing the following:
-At least 4 5.25" bays
-Enough space for water cooling (I'd like suggestions here...
-Rubber band suspension compatibility
-A lot of front ports, if possible
-Mid-tower form factor
These are other cases I had in mind:
- Antec LifeStyle SONATA II Piano Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450Watt SmartPower 2.0 ATX 12V V2.0 for AMD & Intel systems Power Supply
(The reviews are very compelling)
- MGE QUANTUM CA-QUANTUM Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
(A bit expensive, but looks nice)
- iStarUSA S8 Storm Series Black 1.0mm SECC/SGCC (chassis) ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
(Cheap, and I'm loving the port count on the front panel)
-Antec Performance I P180B Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel for durability through the majority of chassis 1.0mm cold rolled steel around the 4 x HDD area ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
(I've heard of fragility with the optical drives... and it isn't inexpensive at all... not to mention it doesn't have any extras, not even a psu...)
-ATRIX CSCI-L8033-C43 Black SECC steel sheeting FCC class CB&CE approved ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 480W Power Supply
(Cheapest out of the selection... lots of ports... and an included power supply!)
- Sunbeam TRIO IC-TRIO-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply
(Kind of like the Quantum, but a lot cheaper, and including a power supply)
- Broadway Com Corp 82-4HL Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply
(The LCD is nice, lots of ports, cheap, the best power supply of them all... but what happened to the reviews?)
-JUST PC R700 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Home Theater PC Case
(Looks nice... but is there a reason behind the price?
I also have a question about water cooling. I'm currently looking at this one
and am wondering if it's also a vga cooler and compatible with AM2. If not, I need more suggestions... and if there is no other water cooler that is superior, I will keep with that and this VGA air cooler
, if it is compatible with a 7600GT.
NOTE: Originally posted on Maximum PC and adapted for it (notice, I mention the do-it-yourself guide), but they aren't being responsive... so...