case connectors do not match with mobo connectors

rcflyer

Beta member
Hi all,

I am having trouble connecting my case wires to my MObo.

Case us a zion 2 atx and Mobo is Ecs nforce slit-a

The wire from the case are:

2 pin HDD red and white
2 pin power switch orange and white
2 pin reset switch blue and white
3 pin power led green and white

The 3 pin power led is the problem.

My Mobo has a panel of 9 pins

2 4 6 8 0
1 3 5 7 9

Pin 1 & 3 HD LED
Pin 2 & 4 FP PWR/SLP (MSG LED)
Pin 5 & 7 RST_SW
Pin 6 & 8 PWR_SW

The pins don't line right, If I did hook up the fp power/slp connector it would take up pins 2,4 and 6, and not enough room for the Pwr sw that is supppose t use pin 6 & 8

Thanks
Sean

do the wires go in to the center and one of the outside spots on it. if it does then you should be able to just put the 2 on that are sposed to be on and leave the one without a wire just hanging off the side. if there not next 2 each other, you can move the wire next to the other. just hold the black connector and push the wire your going to move up, then take a knife or something pointy and lift the tab that holds it in (not to far mind you or you'll break it off) and pull the wire out. not slip it into the slot you want and plug it in. good luck.

wood_workur said:
why don't you just not hook up the power led?

some people like their case to look nice with all the lights, plus, sometimes its nice to now if its on or not if you have quiet fans and no plexi side panel.

yeah, I geuss.

Maybe if you find an old comp on the side of the road, you can take a 2 pin connector from the case , and put it on yours...

As xtremezx2 suggested, I would carefully move one of the wires in the three pin connector to the middle so that you can then plug it in with the unused part hanging off the end of pin 2 on the mobo.

Ok you have a few solutions.
Unpin one end of the 3 pin Power LED connector. Move the pin to the center hole and trim off the excess connector with a knife. You can also simply cut the connector thru the center and trim off the excess. They will all connect the way they should now. Most new cases have either single wires for the power led or a 2 pin connector.

Back
Top Bottom