Which Card..SLi

kocheez75

In Runtime
Im putting a system together and im kinda stumpted on the video card. Im getting a mobo with SLi (Asus deluxe) for future additions. Im only getting one card at the moment, but plan upgrade to two eventually. Im stuck between these two:

7600 GT XXX
6800 GS
(both 256mb)

The 7600 seems like the better card, but how much of a factor does the 128-bit have on performance? Would this cause a problem when running in SLi? If there are any compareable cards in the $200 price range, please list them. Thanks.

Im not sure but ive heard the Windows Vista will only run video cards that are dx10 and once dx10 comes out most of our cards will soon be outdated maybe you should wait for them to release dx 10 graphics cards..

ugh im so confused about dx10!! aah!! when its released, will only new cards released after vista be able to run dx10?? i know ive asked a couple times but i dont get it.. no cards out right now will be able to run it?

im not too worried about vista, I think media center should suffice long enough, and I can always upgrade. In the meantime...what do you think would be the way to go? One 7600 for the time being the two cards later? Could someone clear up the 128 or 256-bit thing for me, im not quite clear on the advantages of it. Also, when is vista supposed to be released?

Back
Top Bottom