Card reader woes

THEpiGUY

Daemon Poster
I just got my card reader in from Newegg today. It was the $5 Rosewill USB 2.0 reader. So I decide to test it, and I put my 2GB Ultra SD card in. All checks out, it says it's a 1.9GB Mass Storage Device.

Here's the problem: Being the idiot I am, I just thought "Ok, it's working... done for now." So I just removed the reader without "Safely removing hardware." Now I put it in and nothing happens at all; I've tried all the USB ports on my computer on XP and XP X64, my brother's computer, and my sister's laptop. None are even recognizing that there's a device plugged into USB. I've tried it with the SD card in, with it out, and with a different 1GB SD card in, all to no avail. Both SD cards are recognized by my Wii. So my question: did I ruin the card reader by not safely removing it, and is there a known fix if so?

Sorry for the wall of text. :p

hmm i never safely remove hardware i think having the card in when you unplugged it may have done something to it. i think rosewill will do an RMA with no hassle. i wouldnt want to do anything to it when you can just get a new one.

Neither do I. Rosewill isn't that good of a brand but I heard some good stuff about their customer service. I don't think that safely removing or not would break a product, so it just probably came faulty.

Check it out with Rosewill.

dont tell them it worked at first just tell them it came broke.

and rosewill has a lot of reputation under there belt for the solid psu's

Alright, thanks guys. I'll see if I can do an RMA.

edit: Gah! $7 shipping for Newegg. I think I'll pass... :(

edit2: Oh yeah, rudster, if you still play on Live check your Friends List. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom