Is this card compatible with my machine?

[w00t!]gAme*

Baseband Member
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1696711&CatId=0

thats the link for the card its a eVGA geforce 7800gt
if u scroll down it'll show the minimum requirements...

these are my system specs

Intel Pentium 4 3.00ghz (2 cpu's(dual))
Stealth 420watt (power supply)
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe wireless edition(motherboard)
Kingston 512mb ram
Windows Xp Service pack 2

its compatible with everything i think but im not sure about my motherboard it does have a pci-express x16 slot though. but the requirements say it needs An available 6 pin PCI-E power connector (hard drive power dongle to PCI-E 6 pin adapter included with card). and i dont no what that is or if i have it... cud sum1 help me out.

yes i no im a ####### dunce

I'm guessing that a normal 4-pin connector (the ones that u connect the psu and the hdds & cd/dvd-drives with) will do, just use the adapter and then plug in into the card (or pci-e port, where ever it goes) But I'm just guessing here so better wait for someone else to confirm this.

Its a standard 4 pin molex at one end then on the other there is a 6pin molex that plugs into the card. So all you do is plug in the 4 pin molex into one of your powersupplys 4 pin molex connectors then plug the six pin one into the card. The only thing is that card needs a minimum of a 450w powersupply. Iy might run with your powersupply but its not going to be stable.

I'm guessing that it could be stable with a 420W psu.
Just don't try to do any big oc'ing while using a too small powersupply.

Back
Top Bottom