Can't upgrade to 64-Bit!

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
I think it is time to upgrade to 64-bit, but my PC isn't letting me!

I boot from the Windows Upgrade Dish, and all goes well until I give it permission to go ahead...

Then I get a message stating that I need a genuine copy of Windows installed to upgrade.... I DO HAVE A GENUINE COPY OF WINDOWS INSTALLED, I'M FRICKIN LOOKING AT THE BOX IT CAME IN RIGHT NOW!!

So, what the hell is going on? I even reactivated Windows and tried again, and still no upgrade.. And, yes, the re-activation went through... So, what is going on here?

I was thinking the same thing. I posted this thread, and shortly after I saw that thread... Sounds familiar in a way..

I don't want a pirated copy of Windows, though... No updates, and quite frankly I don't trust them.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't do a reformat because this is an upgrade disk only and I have to have Windows installed already to use the disk..

I just though that maybe someone else has a crack copy of your 32 BIT Vista with your key that has registered it.

It's a long shot.

But at the end of the day you should be able to upgrade unless someone else has a crack version of your Windows.

:confused:

That would be strange though.

I'm about to call Microsoft up and give one of their techs a piece of my mind if I can't figure out what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom