Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-17-2006, 01:55 AM   #1
Baseband Member
Default Cant put in new PSU! Is it me?

As i previously posted, I bought a 700x graphics card (best buy gift cards..came out to 20$!) anyway, i put it in hp media center (4200+ dual core, 1gb, 300w), my call of duty doesnt run as well, anyway, i cant seem to put in new 400 w psu i vought....the psu they have is impossible to take out because way the box is configured. any thoughts? 800x can run on 300w...do you think 300w will be enough for a while?

palladin the II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:53 AM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Cant put in new PSU! Is it me?

even with a dual core that game isnt gona run very well with that graphics card unless u turn the resolution down, that power supply should be fine but a new one would be a good idea, also like i posted in your other thread make sure u update the bios and just go into the bios to make sure its recognized as a 4200+ dual core so ur getting what u paid for, if u dont know how to get into the bios start the compter up and just keep tapping delete and u should get into it
ASUS P6X58D premium | i7 920 D0 @ 4.2GHz | Corsair XMS3 6GB | MSI GTX460 HAWK | OCZ vertex 2 SSD | Coolermaster HAF X case
gaming_freak is offline   Reply With Quote