Cant pinpoint problem

rdog157h

Baseband Member
I have been having a major problem with my pc. I thought it was my video card but I swapped it and still have the problems. The screen flickers alot, everything is real bright on the monitor. I played with display settings, no help. I hooked the monitor up to another computer and it worked fine. All this started after a lightning storm, I have a surge protector but the storm knocked out power. Its not the monitor or video card what the heck can be causing the flicker and brightness?

Is the flicker there all the time? For instance, is it there when first starting up the PC when you see the splash/POST screen?

Have you booted into safe mode to see if it flickers there?

I am in safe mode now and yes it is still flickering. It only does it once in windows. It flickers off and on and I can see desktop icons faintly when it flickers. like if I was on this page it would flicker and I would see a faint black desktop item

I hope this is a silly question....
have you tried your computer with another monitor?
take out your card and try the vga connection on the main board.
Its not a driver issue as it does it in safe mode....
i would only go as far as 2 tests. i would test the card in another machine and if that worked, i would maybe try a different card with your board, if the different card still did the same i would replace the board mate. Might not be anything to do with the lightening storm, power cuts normally effect drivers more. as I'm sure you know computers and there parts just fail every now and again.

Back
Top Bottom