can't open email after installing router

gun smoke

Solid State Member
I installed a belkin router 802.11B and now I can no longer open up my mail,that includes yahoo and mail.com.Outlook Express is the one that works. I also can't use windows update.
I disconnected the belkin and now I get everything.
It took me a week to figure out that was the problem,what settings should I use with my router so I can open up my programs.
I have a dell 2400-xp professional.
Thank's :confused:

Well ur router has a firewall, correct?

If so then go to the router (just write 192.168.0.254 in for example internet explorer, atleast that's how my router works)
Then find the place where u can open ports, usually somewhere in the firewall settings. Then find out what ports the programs use and open them.

daemon said:
Well ur router has a firewall, correct?

If so then go to the router (just write 192.168.0.254 in for example internet explorer, atleast that's how my router works)
Then find the place where u can open ports, usually somewhere in the firewall settings. Then find out what ports the programs use and open them.
thanks for the help,i will try that tonight whem i get home from work.

p.s.when you say internet explorer are you talking about inside the control panel.

No, he means the actual web browser, Internet Exploter, not explorer for the computer. I thought the address was 192.168.0.1 .... but it's probably different for companies...

jac006 said:
No, he means the actual web browser, Internet Exploter, not explorer for the computer. I thought the address was 192.168.0.1 .... but it's probably different for companies...

Could be. And gun smoke, u can check what yours is from the router manual.

Back
Top Bottom