Can't install windows xp ! Help please!

spiderman

Solid State Member
I'm trying to install windows xp pro sp2 on a 200gb seagate sata HDD. My motherboard is an MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum Edition (ICH5 controller), Bios version 3.31a. When I configure the bios as the manual says, the HDD shows up as Third ide master and I get the message "press any key to boot from cd. . . " but nothing happens! I've tried connecting my Sony dvd rw drive on both ide channels but no change. The jumper settings are correct (set to master) and the dvd drive is nearly new and was working fine when i took it out of another machine. The computer is a new build and almost identical to my own machine which gave me no problems. The only difference is the sata hdd in the new build.
This is only my second build so I'm not that clued up yet and I've run out of ideas. . .
Any help would be greatly appreciated people. .
Cheers!

as of this time, wxp does not support sata drives during windows setup (msdos portion). You have to download the drivers, copy it to floppy, and press F6 before continuing... Be aware of the time to press it at the bottom of the screen.

Back
Top Bottom