cant install vista

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
i have had vista installed for about an hour and started to have screen problems so i decided to reinstall vista but everytime it gets close to the end it says my pc is not compatable and then restores my pc back to XP. Has anyone got any ideas as to why

What computer you installing it on (you have 3 in your sig). Have you tried running the vista upgrade advisor from XP to see if that gives you any clues?

What version of Vista are you installing? It's possible that your computer isn't powerful enough to handle it.

Let me guess after you get it installed when you restart it, it goes past the splash screen but stays black before the vista icon then just restarts after a minute or so? I had that problem myself I went back to XP then decided to give it another go. Asus doesn't provide chipset drivers for my asus board but I did manage to find them on Nvidias website. This is the first thing you need to do after you install vista is install your chipset drivers then video drivers! After I got the correct chipset drivers vista has been flawless on my system!

Back
Top Bottom