Can't install or uninstall

Konoctan

Beta member
I have a Windows XP Home Edition 2002. It's a hp pavilion. I have a CD that I am trying to reinstall on this computer, It worked fine the last time it was installed quite some time ago. Now I tried to reinstall it and I got the cyclic redundancy check error about a third way into the installation. I ended up having to use CDCheck to make a recovery of the file that was the source of the problem. It did, but since the CD was write protected I couldn't replace the file it so I had to make a copy of the CD. I did and tried to reinstall it again, but now it said "Are you sure you want to uninstall this program and all of its components?" It had never finished installation the first time. I thought that it must think it's installed for going a third through installation the 1st time, so I uninstalled it and tried to install it again, but it still uninstalls every time I try to get it to install. Add/Remove programs displays it, but I can't do anything about it. I deleted every trace of it ever existing on my computer but it still shows it in Add/Remove programs and still asks to uninstall when I want to install.

Back
Top Bottom