Can't install sound.

From the looks of your errors, I am pretty sure that your sound card is onboard and not in a PCI slot. Can you please give me the details on your Laptop Manufacturer and Model? This would be easier to trouble shoot.

Also, if your using a CD to install the sound card, try visiting your laptops website. And look for the latest version. I dont see what your having trouble. Do you even have sound? Or are you just trying to install the drivers because you want to get rid of the "Unknown PCI device"

Just curious, bye!

I don't have any sound. When I go to sound options it says a audio device isn't installed. It's a HP Inspirion Dv6000.

Just a thought here. Ive got a hp zv5383ea, but on the front of my laptop it says zv5000, which is refering to the series of the laptop. Sounds like your going of the series. Have a look on the sticker underneath, and if its set out like mine it will say Product : Pavillion zv5000, then at the very bottom it will have ya model number. Get that then search for drivers for that on HP site.

Mick

Back
Top Bottom