Cant get to windows please help

Jmonty580

Baseband Member
My problem is that my computer wont go to windows when I turn it on. Instead I get a stop error telling me if this is the first time Im seeing this message to restart the computer, and everytime I restart the computer it goes to the same blue error screen again. It goes on to tell me something about a problem with either some hardware that I installed or a software that I installed. To knowledge no new Hardware or software was installed but other were using the computer at the time so its possible someone else installed some kind of software from the net. I ran a Norton emergency virus scan and ofcourse nothing happened. I tryed to restore to the last good confiruration and not even that worker. THe computer has windows 2000 professional installed on it and we dont have a copy of it to reinstall in because someone else put that version on there for us (bacially a family computer). Is there anything I can do to bring my computer back to life other than buying windows and installing that? I cant afford to buy windows again and dont have any friends that I could get a copy from. Any help would be greatly appreiacated, but Im think im Sh%# out of luck.

Maybe im a retard but I got the 4 disks and my computer keeps going to the blue screen stop error telling about some divice and Hardware and softer and some crap about safe mode. Im hopeless now, any other advice to steer me in the right direction? I even changed the boot order so that it goes to the a drive first but not even that made a difference.

Lol, the dreaded BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH...

I assume you have a spare computer to access the internet with - thus download memtest, it may be your RAM thats the problem.

www.memtest86.com

If your RAM tests clean, remove any extra hardware apart from hard drive, floppy, CD/DVD drive, RAM, processor and graphics card. See if your computer boots without the error.

Yeah, I recently got a new laptop and I got internet in my room. We rented a computer from rent-a-center but the prices are rediculous. Im trying to get the blue screen desktop working to save money and to keep people away from my laptop so that it doesnt end up getting a blue screen of death. I just hooked up the rented computer so I'll try the new info you gave me either tommorow or later tonight when the comp is free. Thanks for all the advice your giving me, I truely appreaicate all of your help.

No problem.

Computers are a mans best friend but the scum of the earth if you come across a problem you can't fix. We've all been there :)

Let me know how it goes, I have a busy day tomorrow at the doctor and getting my GCSE results, then a party so I may be busy but we'll see!

Quote :
so its possible someone else installed
Why did you guys pass GO ? did you collect ? $200.
:confused:
Who is this mystery person ? Jm
:eek:

Ok, I tryed the new diskette you told me to make and nothing happened. It just goes through the same process asking if I want to press F10 or F12 or F8 and then when it looks like Windows is going to start because the bar is at about 60% it crashes to the blue screen like always. I even got a copy of Windows xp professional from a friend and tried to install that on the computer and the computer wouldnt even let me do that, it just goes to the stupid blue screen again. I mentioned all this to my friend and he says it honestly sounds like my hard drive has crashed. Is that what it sounds like to anyone here? Should I just replace the hard drive (only ten gigs anyways, can use an upgrade), or is there anything else that could be done to really find out what the problem is? I dont want to buy the hard drive and install it only to find out that something else is the problem. Any advice is welcomed as I am in the deepest state of desperation that is humanly possible.

I found this information on my stop error Stop Error 0xC0000221

Stop error number:
(0xC0000221)

Descriptive text:
STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH

Usual cause:
A driver or a system DLL has been corrupted.

To troubleshoot Stop error 0xC0000221
If the computer is formatted with NTFS, restart your computer, and then run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. If you cannot start the system due to the error, use the Command Console and run Chkdsk /r.

Run Recovery Console and allow the system to repair any errors that it detects.

For more information about Recovery Console, see "Starting and Recovering Your System" in Chapter 5.

If the error occurred immediately after RAM was added to the computer, the paging file might be corrupted or the new RAM might be either faulty or incompatible. Delete the Pagefile.sys and return the system to the original RAM configuration.

Run any system diagnostics supplied by your computer manufacturer, especially the memory check.

I dont know how to run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. and dont know what the comand console is either. I tired the memory diagonstics disk that Comuptafreak suggested but I did not even read. The light for the Disk drive went on and it made all kinds of noises but nothing happened on the screen and I ended up athe blue screen of death as I always do.

Back
Top Bottom