Can't find Sound Card driver

cdmjr

Solid State Member
Can anyone help? I have a Dell Dimension 3000 (running XP Pro) and I'm looking for the driver for my sound card. Dell's website is no help for an older model like this. I'm pretty certain that the sound card is integrated into the mother board (unfortunately I'm somewhat a novice when it comes to sound/graphic cards so I don't know much about these things.)

From what I can gather, this is "SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio." Using various device search programs, I have found some product codes for it: "Intel 82801eb/er AC'97 audio controller."

This device comes up as Multimedia Audio Controller under my Device Manager, and the details for the device, under properties, shows this: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_019D1028&REV_02\3&172E68DD&0&FD

Can anyone help me find this driver? I have been looking all over with no luck. The only thing that came close was a driver for a RealTek AC'97, but this seemed to be out of date, and installation attempts gave me the blue screen of death. I don't know if that was even the proper product, frankly.

Any help would be great.

The one from Dell worked. Thanks a bunch! I don't know why I couldn't find it myself, but searching for Dell Dimension 3000 compatible drivers didn't come up with anything. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom