Can't find this mobo anywhere...

LazyAmerican

Beta member
It comes in this prebuilt

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...3&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=4006071#

Just trying to ultimately find out if this is some sort of HP designed "I can't do anything with" mobo (if such a thing exists) or if I can upgrade my CPU later on down the line. The Foxconn site doesn't have this model on there and googling produces no results. Can't even see it on Newegg...there is a 780 model but it is a micro ATX...

Pre-Built OEM boards - They typically don't follow reference. If it's Socket AM3, then it can always be upgraded. Just buy a new AM3 processor when you feel you want to. However, it's likely that the board has locked features (like overclocking). Just make sure that the socket can provide enough wattage for the processor you intend to use.

Unfortunately, no. You have to find a spec sheet somewhere. Chances are, if the board is AM3, it will have the TDP of about 150 watts.

The thing I don't get is that while the HP site says AM3...CPU Z tells me AM2+. Is it a situation like PCIE X16-2.0 whereas both are backwards and forwards compatible?

Back
Top Bottom