Can't Find a Case

Wuau

Beta member
Hi, i have been recently playing some games that need a lot of resources and my pc is getting overheated. I was thinking of buying a water cooling system for my computer, but is a really slim, compact pc, so i would have to do a lot of things to get the water cool to work. I thought of buying a bigger case for my pc, but there's a problem, my motherboard has a really weird shape so i can't find a case that i could buy, so if any of you knows of a case that is compatible with my computer, i would be very grateful.

My pc is a Asus G20AJ (it's a prebuilt pc), and the motherboard is a 90PA0610-M0XBN0.

I will also leave to links for you to get an idea:
90PA0610-M0XBN0 G20AJ-B09 | Asus Rog G20 90PA0610-M0XBN0 Motherboard

https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG_G20AJ/

You are SOL, mate. From the images on the ROG page it looks like the graphics card attaches via some kind of riser card, putting it at 90 degrees from the mobo; no case will have that. Plus it is laid out in basically BTX fashion (Intel's back-assward hairbrained conception) so even if it was a standard mobo you would have problems finding a case for it.

It's a non standard formfactor. I don't think it will fit in any other case than the one it came with.
Ether the screws are placed differently or the IO's aren't align correctly.
If you look at the space between the top of the motherboard and the PCI-E, it looks very small.
So if you did manage to install the motherboard, i don't think the graphic card is gonna align with the back brackets.

Maybe you should give the computer a good clean. Dust on heatsinkes take away cooling performance.

Last edited:
Non-standard motherboard mate, sorry. Your only hope is to buy a case big enough to fit the board in physically, and do some butchering so it vaguely fits - I wouldn't recommend doing this personally.

Do a complete dust out. It's made to run as it is without cooling problems.

Also replace the thermal paste on CPU with Arctic Silver.

I replace my thermal paste as soon as its getting to hot. Dust it like 1s a month with pressurd air. Cooler Master Master Box 5 is a solid case. I recommend it too.

Back
Top Bottom