Cant exit power saving mode

Kaotix

Baseband Member
It only seems to happen during a game like when im playing starcraft 2 it goes blank for no reason and you cant refresh it. This has also been happening to my brother when hes playing WoW. Please help

Need some more information - what kind of video card? How big/powerful is the power supply? Does it happen in other games, or just SC2 & WoW?

You can try forcing the monitor to run at a lower refresh rate to keep it from switching modes, and make sure the games you're in are set to resolutions that your monitor(s) support.

We have a 9800 gt and those are really the only games we play. Ive played Modern Warfare 2 Counter-Strike: Source in the past but its only been doing this random power saving mode recently. Its a pre-built Dell XPS730 so I dont think the PSU is the problem though i think its a 1.5 something ill have to re-check.

Ok i checked the PSU and Im not sure which numbers are the ones you need so i got all of them.
Max output:1000w
Max out power: 980w at AC < 100v
12v shall not exceed 950v
100-240v~/ 14A
5v and 3.3v shall not exceed 225w
Also we have played wow for some time now and this has only recently started happening. It also blue screens from time to time and the power save mode is very random as it sometimes happens within the time of one game or 3-4 while my brother was also able to play an hour and a half game offline and had no problems...

I'd suspect heat / bad or failing Power supplies first, then faulty windows loads next. If you can, try and make sure all of your drivers are up to date, Windows fully patched, etc. Also doesn't hurt to disable power management settings for now - disable things like suspend, hibernate, etc.

After crashing again I felt for heat and it didnt seem like anything was overheated. How do i fix a faulty windows load and disable hibernate and sleep on windows xp?

Back
Top Bottom