Can't drag and drop onto taskbar?

cdmjr

Solid State Member
Dumb issue: I used to be able to drag items from one folder to another, but dragging them to the taskbar, hovering over the other folder, and having it bring that folder up. That option seems to be gone to me, now, for some reason. (I'm on WinXP Pro) I went in to Start Menu and Taskbar properties and made sure that "Enable Dragging and Dropping" was checked, and it is.

So are you just trying to make shortcuts on the taskbar or are you trying to run programs by draging them to the task bar?

Example: I'm trying to convert AVI files into files for my iPod. Normally, I would just be able to highlight all of the files I want to convert, drag them down to the taskbar where the converter program is already open. The program would then maximize and I would be able to just drop the files into that program and let it work. Now, when I drag the cursor over the program with the files dragging, it just gives me a black no sign (the circle with a slash through it). The same issue occurs when dragging files into iTunes, for instance. Also, dragging from one folder to another, when the folders are both opened. Before it would maximize the second folder, now it just gives me that no sign.

I have never been able to do that, and can't on any of the computers I have access to here at work (one of which is mine) And they are runnin XP and Vista...

My guess is you had some knid of plug in that helped you out there.

that is abit weird...i've never been able to do that myself. I didn't even know there was such an option.
Like celegorm said, you probably have sometime of plugin...maybe try re-installing that plugin could fix the problem you're having.

I don't know, I can highlight a bunch of music in my folder and if I have media player open drag it to media player, media player becomes active and can drop it into the playlist. It would be kind of the same thing. You can do the same thing copying files from one folder to another. I've done the file copy like that probably 5 minutes ago in XP.

It's not a plug in. I've dragged and dropped files on that on fresh install of XP. It's going to depend on the application if it will allow you to drag into it. Maybe there was an update and it no longer works. Not really sure.

Back
Top Bottom