Can't delete a registry entry

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
I recently tried an online backup program "Mozy Free", didn't like it, and uninstalled it. I went into my registry, and deleted all the items I could for "mozy", but there are a couple that I can't delete. The entry is in My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum/Root\LEGACY_MOZYFILTER .....and some similar ones. When I try and delete them, it gives me an error which says error deleting key, can not delete LEGACY_MOZYFILTER.

Anyone know if this is maybe a root kit or something else bad? And if so, how to get rid of it....antivirus, antispyware scans not getting rid of it either.

**Problem solved!!

Here's what worked....safe mode didn't work, and i don't like registry cleaner programs. i did however figure out a way to delete the registry keys...i had to go into the permission settings for each key, and add myself to the settings, and then set my permission to allow myself full control of the key. i was then able to delete it. i had to re-do this for each of the entrys.

Admin level user should not have to do that. Might want to check your user account permission settings.

Back
Top Bottom