Can't Delete A File - Pain in the Ass

tomirlik

In Runtime
I have this serious problem with a file I thought was a vid, but now I can't remove. Not only won't it do anything when I click on it, I can't rename or delete it either. When I right click it to access the menu, the only options there are:
-Play
-Add to Windows Media Player list
-Open with...
and
-Send to...

This is really pissing me off. I even tried trials of file deleters and scrubbers to get rid of this piece of sh*t file, but when I click on the file it says that the name is invalid, and thus, no removal possible.

So please, how the hell do I get rid of this thing from my cpu?

I agree with Marshillboy (hope i got that right)...MoveOnBoot is great it has never failed me with locked files and corrupt files that won't delete..so definately give it a try

Matt

As long as you only select the files you want deleted and don't select any system files (example, files stored in the WINDOWS directory) then you should be fine, as i said, i myself have never had any troubles with it, it is definately worth a try...

Matt

Anther option is to boot to a live CD (Linux) and mount the hard drive, and delete the file. It actually sounds more complicated than it is. I've used this method for viruses and items that say you can't delete, or are in use when trying to delete, or you get access denied.

Back
Top Bottom