Can't Browse The Internet and More

Kuberr

Daemon Poster
This morning, I was checking my e-mail, and then all of a sudden I couldn't access any web pages. Firefox was turning up www.google.com could not be reached. So, I look at my icons, and I see Trillian. I'm still online, so I'm thinking, what the hell is going on? Then I turn on Limewire to see of it's working, and sure enough it is. I go on World Chess Network, and it doesn't work. I try Battle.net, no good. I try Desktop Weather, with nothing to show. I try mIRC, yet my connection is refused. Then, I did spyware scans, and nothing turned up. I tried looking for new definition files, but apparently it couldn't connect to the server. I tried rebooting my PC, power cycling the modem and router, disconnecting my ethernet cable and replugging it in. Now, I'm all out of ideas. I can't ping any websites either!

I'm typing this up from the second computer of three on my home network. This PC, along with a laptop, work just fine, while the first and third computers' internet simply won't work! What could possibly be wrong? Help!

Never mind, I figured it out. :D I had a static IP from my router, and I tried making it dynamic, and it started working. Argh, but I need those ports forwarded for mIRC! Sigh, oh well.

Well, I don't know if it's the same for you, but I use a static router IP to identify my machine (192.168.1.x) so I can port forward. What I did is that I went to network connections, to Local Area Connection, clicked on properties, clicked on Internet Protocol (IP/TCP), and then changed the settings to Obtain an IP Address Automatically and Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically.

I did that for port forwarding; if you didn't have a static router IP, then I have ni idea what could be wrong.

It basically connects usually two or more computers via LAN , and then connects to the modem. However, if you only have one computer, you can still use it for port blocking purposes I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom