Can't afford second computer

carm2010

Beta member
I have a computer situated upstairs but would like to be able to control it from my kitchen where I have my nice new shiny LCD TV.(Sorry for showing off) I am running an Windows XP computer with no wireless card. Would a video sender and a wireless keyboard and mouse do the job or is there something out there that would do the job better. I have asked in Maplins and talked to a couple of brick walls i.e. PC World and Curry's with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

Well it would depend how far the wireless keyboard and mouse will reach. Some are very junkey and will not function if they are only a few feet from the computer. About how many feet away is the computer?

That's a huge distance between your room upstairs and all the way down to the kitchen. I don't believe there is anything you can do to cover that kind of length. I suggest you move the PC into the kitchen somewhere and run everything wireless (network, keyboard, mouse).

The vid sender will be seperate from the keyboard/mouse.
As for the keyboard/mouse, if IR or radio you can get repeters for that. There are systems for repeting IR/radio tv/stereo systems. I've used both kinds when I was setting up home entertainment systems. But like it was said, it might be easier to just move the system to a central location.

Back
Top Bottom