Cant access Modem/Router login anymore

1960darrenh

Beta member
Hi.

I have a Netgear DG834G Wireless Modem/Router and a Buffalo WBMR-G54

My PC is connected to it through LAN rather than wireless. I cannot access the routers login page anymore. The login page is supposed to be 192.168.01.1 but it just hangs forever. I tried reconnecting my old Buffalo Modem/ Router and I cant access the login page on that either using 192.168.11.1. I have tried resetting both modems and that does not work. I can still access the internet but cant login the modem's

I typed IPCONFIG in the command line and it bought up a funny IP Address which was not there before.

I am using XP Pro.

IP Address - 192.168.11.2
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
IP Address - fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%6 (This is unusual)
Default Gateway - 192.168.11.1

I tried Ipconfig /renew etc but still does not work.:confused:

As it is doing it with both modems, I assume the PC is at fault.

netgear uses the ip 192.168.0.1 to access the router, im not sure about the buffalo tho

Hi.

I have a Netgear DG834G Wireless Modem/Router and a Buffalo WBMR-G54

My PC is connected to it through LAN rather than wireless. I cannot access the routers login page anymore. The login page is supposed to be 192.168.01.1 but it just hangs forever. I tried reconnecting my old Buffalo Modem/ Router and I cant access the login page on that either using 192.168.11.1. I have tried resetting both modems and that does not work. I can still access the internet but cant login the modem's

I typed IPCONFIG in the command line and it bought up a funny IP Address which was not there before.

I am using XP Pro.

IP Address - 192.168.11.2
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
IP Address - fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%6 (This is unusual)
Default Gateway - 192.168.11.1

I tried Ipconfig /renew etc but still does not work.:confused:

As it is doing it with both modems, I assume the PC is at fault.

Edit: Didn't read that properly.

Have you reset the Buffalo as well? There are times that I can't access my router's page, but disconnecting and reconnecting the power usually does the trick. :/

netgear uses the ip 192.168.0.1 to access the router, im not sure about the buffalo tho

The Routers IP is changeable.

Try disabling the Static IP function (Network Connections >> Right click on the adapter you use >> Propertys >> TCP/IP Configuration >> Automatically assign IP address), and then do a repair. If you HAVE reset the netgear, then it's IP will be reset to the deafult (as R_Moore04 said), so you'll need to access it through that IP (192.168.0.1)

Good Luck, And if that doesnt work, just post again ;)

I have reset both modems and not made any difference. because they have been reset I cannot now access the internet. I tried setting the modems up with the installation discs but as soon as it gets to the login page it wont go.

I've also done a network connection repair but no good. IP & DNS are set to obtain automatically.

Firewall is set to let connections through

Back
Top Bottom