Cannot View Pictures Within Browser

soldierboy

Beta member
Hi there,

Hope someone can help, and this may take a real expert.

This first became a web browser issue on this “high spec” Dell Dimension desktop two years ago when the computer was less than a year old. I sent a couple of posts to computer help forums, but there were no answers. At that time, I saw a post from a user in the states that was having the same issue, albeit with other websites. I ended up sending an email to the magazine “Computer Which?” “helpdesk”. It was suggested to me that I had a potential registry problem, and I was sent a link to a registry "fix it" program but cannot remember which one.This was free to download and use. I downloaded it, ran the application and the fault remained. However this “wonderful application”, had a button where you could check and delete "Duplicate entries", which I thought was rather useful. So I ran the application, and deleted all those duplicate files. The net effect of which was to delete most of my win/32 registry, which then instigated a 3 month time frame, the time it took me to reinstall Windows XP and after many many hours of Dell and Belkin assistance finally got the computer up and running normally again. It was a nightmare, with hardware and wireless router issues abound.
So, two years on I have suddenly discovered that I have the same problem. The website which best demonstrates the issue is that of the Scandinavian furniture manufacturer "IKEA". I do not think for a minute that the IKEA website is a dangerous place to visit, and I should think that most users of this forum will have heard of this company. I have also had the odd similar issues with other websites, and a recent email from the "live hotmail/messenger team” failed to display properly too.. So the issue is as follows. You visit the IKEA site and you look at "Beds". You then click on the “bed” that you want to look at in close detail, and you should be taken to a page where you not only get a description of the bed, but a picture of the bed, where you should be able to click on the "+" symbol and see an enlarged version of same. Unfortunately for me, the only thing I can see is the description and the "+" symbol, with no picture. I have opened the below link in Firefox, Explorer and Google Chrome and the issue is still there. Also tried to change user and try with their settings - to no avail. Works fine on the three other computers within the household.

The link is : http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S89807443

I run XP, as mentioned, have Norton Security and run Spybot, Adaware, Defender and from time to time "CCleaner". Other than that I cannot see where this issue has eminated from.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Back
Top Bottom