Cannot login into windows

Something else i found, seems to be a common problem. Some people have reported problems when they install Windows XP Service Pack 2. One such problem is ending up with a dead machine that you are unable to recover. The system can not be recovered using the Recovery Console and Safe Mode is unsuccessful as well.

The likely cause of this problem is your BIOS which doesn't have the microcode level that is required by service pack 2. The resolution - upgrade your BIOS. You can visit your manufacturer's Web site to determine exactly how to proceed with a BIOS upgrade.

well i did a full reformat, because i had to get started on my term paper, but iv i wanted to update to SP2 again, should i up date my bios before the download of sp2?

jo5h said:
well i did a full reformat, because i had to get started on my term paper, but iv i wanted to update to SP2 again, should i up date my bios before the download of sp2?
I've never updated my BIOS but I don't think it's necessary but you could do it just to have the newest version if one is avaliable.

jo5h said:

If its one of those processors and ya having problems then i would. But ya should know that if you update ya BIOS and do it wrong, then ya gonna have some problems. If ya not sure how to do it then leave it alone, or research it, and then research it some more before attempting it.

Back
Top Bottom