cannot extract downloaded files

help123

Solid State Member
Recently i took my computer in to reformat it, they made the main drive the D:/ drive instead of the usual C drive. now, i have to install everything onto the D drive. so after i download a file and attempt to extract it i will get an error like this: ! C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\New Folder\oblivion.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

i have dried using winxip and winRAR

Do other files or shortcuts work from the desktop?
Since the problem could also be in the files u are trying to extract, try downloading it again.

yes.. everything from the desktop works.. that IS NOT the problem... the problem is i CANNOT EXTRACT downloaded files

well maybe try making the main hdd the C drive?
Go to control panel --> Administrative Tools --> Computer Management --> Storage --> Disk Management.
Then in there just right click the main drive and then choose "change drive letter and paths".
And then just make the main hdd the C drive, but before u change it make sure that nothing else is conflicting with it, so if there is some other C drive then change it to something else and then change the main drive to C.

I've never seen a shop name the dafault drive anything other than C. Try changing the output of the extracted file to a folder in the D drive. Also, with the last advice, it won't work, because I was thinking the same thing. I went into disk management and tried to change my C drive to another letter, and it cannot do it while you're on the computer. Personally, I would take it back to the shop where you had it serviced. They should perform the service again, and name the drive correctly, so you don't have these types of errors.

How did you actually created your ZIP file? By renaming it will never EVER work.

Oh it's a download! Try another time. This download could have corrupted. It happens.

i have downloaded at least 6 times... i seriously doubt that it corrupted that many times

Back
Top Bottom