Cannot Connect to Internet

IF your not connected to the internet then how are you posting?

that is not needed, obviously he's on another computer.

now you can look for the drivers on the motherboards manufactures website, or if you got it from someone like Dell Gateway HP. ETC you can go to their support page, and do a search, some of them just ask for certain things of your computer like a model number, and they will show how to find it. but i know don't get your sound driver off of gateways website, they don't work, well at least for the 4 gateways i have worked on they haven't.

EDIT:
i didnt see his last post about having his mobo cd. oops

I'm thinking that your network card isn't being recognized properly by windows, somehow its got corrupt I wonder if a XP repair install would fix it, it might pick up the network card and self install, once its reloaded the OS and searched and found hardware.

my onboard ethernet just died once on my old motherboard. never got it working again. possibly same thing happened to you?

I'm really not sure, it says im connected, but i can't do anything. I trying reinstalling the drivers, that didn't work. i have so much junk on my pc im just going to save that stuff i want and do a complete reformat and be done with it. i usually do a reformat every 8 months anyways, its about that time. Thanks for the help and effort guys.

Just a follow up.. just finished the reformat and I am back online, must of been a virus or something like that.

I thought that would work just as the repair might, it will have replaced the corrupt drivers, you should think of ghosting you hdd now then if it happens again you wont need to reinstall all your software just restore from the back up image(it will do it in 10min depending on the image back up size mate) no reloading wndows and all

Get Norton ghost or Acronis True Image, there really easy to use, I use Norton Ghost 2003.

Back
Top Bottom