Cannot Connect to Internet

jo5h

Daemon Poster
Alright heres the problem, I was playing cod2 last night, then my game locked up and my computer automatically restarted itself. When i logged back into windows, waited for everything to boot up on start up, but now I am i unable to connect to the internet. I checked my internet connections and it says im connected, im sending packets but im not receiving them though. I have rebooted my router and modem several times, that didn't help. So i checked out Device manager, low and behold a yellow ! under Network adapter, the yellow ! shows 1394 Net Adapter it says " This Device Cannot start (Code 10). Its not the internet in general because everyone else in the house can get online.

mother board : Asus M2N- SLI Deluxe

Alright heres the problem, I was playing cod2 last night, then my game locked up and my computer automatically restarted itself. When i logged back into windows, waited for everything to boot up on start up, but now I am i unable to connect to the internet. I checked my internet connections and it says im connected, im sending packets but im not receiving them though. I have rebooted my router and modem several times, that didn't help. So i checked out Device manager, low and behold a yellow ! under Network adapter, the yellow ! shows 1394 Net Adapter it says " This Device Cannot start (Code 10). Its not the internet in general because everyone else in the house can get online.

mother board : Asus M2N- SLI Deluxe

1394 Net adapter is a firewire adapter, would make sense that it may not be able to start. Please run "ipconfig /all" in command and post the output here.

i typed in ipconfig /all, then hit enter, opens up a window, flashes then closes right away, too fast for me to read it

have you tried to re-install the drivers that came with the network adapter?

Alright heres what i get

Windows IP Config

Host name.......josh
Primary DOS Suffix....(says nothing) meaning blank
Node Type............unknown
IP routing enabled......No
WINS Proxy Enabled....No

Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection
Connection adapter local area connection

Description- Specific DNS Suffix.... (says nothing)meaning blank
Description.................Nvidia nForce Networking controller
Physical Address.......... 00-17-31-D8-D5-E6
DHCP enabled.............Yes
Auto configuration enabled....Yes
Auto configuration IP address......(Do i have to give out my ip?)
Subnet Mask............................(Do i have to give it out?)
Default Gateway....................(dosn't say) meaning blank

I have no idea which drivers i need to re-install

well, if you go to Uninstall Programes in Control Panel, it would normally be there or if you just put the cd that came with the adapter (assuming you got one) and select uninstall from that and then just install it again.

I plug right into the motherboard, I don't have an individual NIC card. But i do however have the drivers for my motherboard, I'll give that a go.

Back
Top Bottom