Can you spec me

newbie1323

Baseband Member
Can sombody spec me a motherboard, RAM, Graphics card, and water cooling kit (prefrably not an actual kit, i heard they are a lot less effective than a home made one) for £450 please, already got q6600 and id like to overclock it quite high.

Also, im not worried about nvidia or intel because id never be crossfiring, unless sombody suggests 2 graphics cards, in whcih case i need to appropriate chipset oviously

forget water cooling its not necessary.

lets face facts people that overclock need every little bit out of there processor usually for that extra FPS in a game.

if you really wanted a processor to get every FPS then you should have gone with a faster clocked duo rather than the Quad.

but on another not the Q6600 is still very overclockable on air cooling. i seriously would not bother with water cooling/

I don't agree, I think WC'ing is worth it, but only if:
- You have a CPU that is actually going to go further will water cooling that with air (Q6600: check)
- You know what you are doing. Having past experience overclocking your Q6600 to 3GHz is NOT enough. You need to really know what you are doing to make WC'ing worth it.
- You're prepared to spend the money needed to make water cooling worth it, which is a fair amount.

I would love water cooling, but I can't afford it :(

mobo
ram
CPU block

i SEEyour from England.

wHY not travel down near me to the North west and go to a computer fair.

I bought all my pc parts from a pc fair and it cost me less then online

I live in kent so its a bit to far unfortunatly., oh well, there are some good online retailers anyway

I don't agree, I think WC'ing is worth it, but only if:
- You have a CPU that is actually going to go further will water cooling that with air (Q6600: check)
- You know what you are doing. Having past experience overclocking your Q6600 to 3GHz is NOT enough. You need to really know what you are doing to make WC'ing worth it.
- You're prepared to spend the money needed to make water cooling worth it, which is a fair amount.
ok, how about this? its a bit over budget but should allow the best of both gaming and cooling
So those points don't apply to you?

Only go with the X2 if you have at least a 24" monitor, it's just not worth it otherwise.

The TRUE works best with a high RPM, static pressure fan, and that's way too much spent on a P12 IMO.

And way too much spent on that RAM. You only need 1066 for Q6600 OC'ing if you're going past 400 FSB, which usually requires water cooling. Stick with 2x2xGB DDR2 800.

And you can get a P5Q PRO (Crossfire support) for that same price as that P5Q: Here.

the first two do, but im only 14 so stretching my budget is hard. Dont get what you mean about the cooler and fan.
And i do have a 24 inch screen

thanks for the ebuyer link, i was going with that one, i just screenshotted the ocuk basket to show them all together. And doesnt the p5Q have crossfire support?

Back
Top Bottom