can you put a larger MB on a 700mb cd-r

MidwestComputer

In Runtime
hey guys
is there anyway that you can fit a larger file on a 700mb cd-r because I tryed to download the linux Mandrake 10.1 from linuxiso.org and when I download it it says 718.0 mb and i am just wondering if there is anyway that I can put that file onto a 700mb cd-r or do I have to buy a larger mb cd-r like 800mb or even by a dvd burner just to fit the 718 mb on to the disk. so if anybody can help me out on this problem that would be really great. Thanks Tim

Don't know what burning program you are usine but most have an option in "advanced" to overburn. It may or may not work. read the help file.

cd-r can only hold 700mb. if you wnat to burn that file you will have to burn it onto a DVD.

and then there's always double layer... 8.5 gbs, but then again u need a double layer burner drive... but then again look at what you can do. massive back up/storage/etc.

You can buy 800Mb CD-R's now by the way rather cheaply.

As for Overburn suggested by Per. This can work in some cases yes :)

but compression doesnt always work that well, you can compress something, and it might only take maybe 8 megs of at the most. if he needed something just a tad bit smaller than maybe, but compression isnt that great.

Yeah, I'd just buy a 800mb CD-R.
You should be able to buy a set of about 100 for about £8 UK money, so can't be that much anywhere else since UK is more expensive :p

Back
Top Bottom