Can you minimize games?Applications

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
Is it possible to minimize a game like Doom3 when its fully booted in fullscreen? Were running Dual monitors and Im wondering..because once Doom3 is booted, I can NO LONGER scroll the mouse amongst monitors and the Game then locks the mouse on that screen.

AmericanSensei

Yes, you can. I think it's ctrl+esc
Something like that.

EDIT: Yes, it is ctrl+esc
I have Rome Total War minimized right now.

Ah, yeah, or the windows button does the same thing. Annoying things. Don't you hate it when you slip and press them!

Something I tend to do is just CTRL ALT DEL, then you also should see the button and sometimes can right click and minimize if it doesn't automatically. Only problem with this(well any method) is that some games won't pull back up...

Eh, yeah, that does happen sometimes...

Sometime else that just hit me, if you have another window open, using ALT and TAB will soemtimes switch. About like the other, though, it will sometimes go back to the game. Either automatically or when the window you went to is minimized or soemtimes even deselected.

alt-tab = alt tab window
windows key = pops up the start menu
ctrl-alt-del = runs task manager
ctrl-esc = pops up start menu
ctrl-shift-esc = runs task manager

If u have more than one window open u can do a quick switch b/w windows holding alt and pressiing the tab button (u get a small menu on the screen). This has always worked for me excpet while in Doom3 for some reason it doesnt. I switch the focus onto another window but Doom3 is always on top. The only way to get back to the desktop is to exit this particular game. For every other game this method works fine.

Back
Top Bottom