can you help me with this problem?

Fisher

Fully Optimized
Ok my laptop is not having a good time at the moment. it was left on to download and when i came back to it, it was very hot which i thought was odd as i made sure it had air getting to the fan underneath it. these are the symptoms:

- main problem is that the screen does not work
- 4 out of 5 boots displays blue lines down the screen against a black background and nothing more
- when it does boot it only works in safe mode, probably because its a reduced resolution and the screen is all jumbled like this:

as you can see all the writing is jumbled up and when it goes into windows it looks like this:

im thinking that its the graphics card on the motherboard and not the screen itself but unlike a desktop you cant just rip it out and try another one. so im thinking of ways to get around it or test it and was hoping you lot could help me with or give some advice on the following:

- using an overclocking tool to underclock the graphics card to see if that helps
- take it to a professional laptop fixer place, but which one?
- buying this laptop the same as the one i have and swapping some things but im not sure if it is a wise investment as it may have the same problem just not as bad, see here for ebay listing, what do you lot think:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=200237830784&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

the laptop is a samsung X30. its specs are

Cintrino 1.7
1Gb
nVidia FX Go5200
Screen has a native resolution of 1680x1050
Windows XP pro

I have done a complete virus and adware scan with NOD32 and adaware and spybot, nothing turned up

Not knowing much about laptops, but from looking at your pics, it appears that your video graphics card is kaput.

I wouldn't bother buying the one you listed from eBay because it also has faulty graphics and probably suffers from the same problem as yours.

You're best bet would be to have it repaired. You could look for a place locally or contact Samsung for repairs. Is it still covered under warranty?

thats what im thinking as well. although i really do like this laptop and it probably wouldnt harm having some spares around like another screen. i only use it for downloading and owrd processing and with its sleek design its prefect. i brought it off ebay so it has no warranty unfortunately. trying to come to an agreement with myself on how much that other laptop is worth it. spare screen, cpu, ram, harddrive, outter plastic shell, keyboard, touchpad and a dvd drive (which i actually need)

EDIT: i have until i start uni on 22nd september so i could hold my horses and see if another ones comes along that works but they arent that common on ebay

Back
Top Bottom