Can we disable Integrated Graphics (on a notebook) and use dedicated graphics.

It depends on your laptop. But if your laptop does have that PCI-express x16 slot in there, then I don't see why you can't use a dedicated graphics card. Once you do, it should automatically disable the integrated version that the Intel chipset use (hopefully).

Sometime I regret not getting the 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS video card, but the Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 should be ok since I have 2GB of RAM.

Ok I too had a doubt abt the pci e x16 port but here its mentioned that it does have a port.

Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset ›
The Mobile Intel® 945GM Express chipset's low power design enables up to 28% less average power consumption compared to previous generations. Featuring the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950, the Mobile Intel 945GM Express chipset delivers up to 2x improvement in graphics performance over the previous generation chipset. The Mobile Intel® 945GM Express chipset enables up to 25% higher data transfer rate compared to the previous generation bus speed. Additionally, it features PCI Express* x16 graphics ports and PCI Express x1 I/O ports, next generation Serial ATA, and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity.

Back
Top Bottom