can video card be added?

mikemmmgood

Beta member
hello, I am new to upgrading computers and I have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers to and would greatly appreciate any help you could give. I have a HP pavilion 6532 which is stock except for the 256mb of ram I added( 440zx board, 400mhz celeron,). What I want to do is add a video card. the 440zx board has a ATI rage pro 8mb 2x card built in and on the intel website it states that the video is not expandable but there is a AGP slot. On the HP web site it states that the video card is upgradable. Can I add a video card and disable the built in card? If so, what kind of card can I use (ie 2x agp max?). Thanx for any help you can offer.MIKEG

Can you give us a link to this place you are looking at. And if possible a pic of you motherboard.

mikemmmgood said:
hello, I am new to upgrading computers and I have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers to and would greatly appreciate any help you could give. I have a HP pavilion 6532 which is stock except for the 256mb of ram I added( 440zx board, 400mhz celeron,). What I want to do is add a video card. the 440zx board has a ATI rage pro 8mb 2x card built in and on the intel website it states that the video is not expandable but there is a AGP slot. On the HP web site it states that the video card is upgradable. Can I add a video card and disable the built in card? If so, what kind of card can I use (ie 2x agp max?). Thanx for any help you can offer.MIKEG
Yes read the manual,i can't,it answers all this.
But my guess is
Get a new AGP video card plug it in and install the cd drivers and stuff
Before you do though,disable onboard video.
The manual wil tell you how,i can't.
Plug you monitor in the new place.

Back
Top Bottom