CAN"T DECIDE - INTEL OR AMD!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The barton's start at 2500+ although the are Thoroughbred's at that speed and a little over, you've got to check first. Sorry the info's to late.

As for the Jet 7+,The info's right, they're not very good at all. bit of a gimic. Had 2 get Very load after 2-3 months of use and the cooling's average at best.

Yeh the athlon-m is running 1833mhz no problem now, I havn't tried overclocking it yet, I'm waiting for the jet 7 and arctic silver 5 :D

The jet 7+ is definately going to be an improvement on my volcano 9 though, can you have a quick look on ebay for something that may be better suited? (.co.uk).

Lol it's to bad this info came late BUT - to be honest I was running a palomino core and they absolute suck for overclocking, I was watching a badly described one being sold on ebay and it went for £40-50 I think!! I only paid £33 for the athlon-m so :D

Thanks for all the advice guys, keep the input coming in ;)

I reiterate, The Akasa 825 carnival cooler is Very good And at under £10 you cant go wrong.

Features 80mm Fan.

They come with a speed controller which can be automaticaly adjusted (temp sensor) or manually with the dial.

One of aforementioned Jet 7+ was replaced by one of these, It's better on it's lowest setting, (which you can bearly hear) Than the Jet 7+ on Full.

www.planetmicro.co.uk £9.34

http://www.akasa.com.tw/

Trust ME!

If I go with AMD, I was planning on going with the 3400+, but do you think it's worth it to go with the 3500+? I was wondering this because the 3500+ uses the socket 939 mobo's which are slightly faster than what the 3400 uses(754, i think) aren't they? Could someone clear this up for me?

AMD has basically abandonded the socket 7## for the 939 so buying a 3400 (if it is the socket you say) would be really dumb. It was assure you that you wouldnt be able to upgrade.

AMD are Not abandoning the 754, theyre focusing it on the budget end of the market, whilst the higher performance processors are for the 939, go 939 if you have the money.

Dont forget to get two sticks of memory (Dual Channel on 939).

What benefits can I see with the 939 over 754? I should know this, I researched the hell outa AMD.

Dual channel memory, pci/agp lock working (Nforce 3 250 boards)
HyperTransport 1Ghz instead of 800Mhz

In general theyre just a better, faster more featured board. And they dont cost any different to the 754. It's just the CPU

The MSI K8N Neo2 and Gigabyte K8NSNXP have the best reviews

Re: CAN

gibant1 said:
I reiterate, The Akasa 825 carnival cooler is Very good And at under £10 you cant go wrong.

Features 80mm Fan.

They come with a speed controller which can be automaticaly adjusted (temp sensor) or manually with the dial.

One of aforementioned Jet 7+ was replaced by one of these, It's better on it's lowest setting, (which you can bearly hear) Than the Jet 7+ on Full.

Trust ME!

Arrived today, this thing is DA BOMB! Absolutely incredible. I'm running 7oC cooler and about 200000million decibels quieter - overclocked 200mhz more!!

I love you Gibby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom