Can somebody make some Specs for me...

T-Doit

In Runtime
I want to upgrade my comp, Im 14 years old, I only make 80$ Canadian a month for my Allowance and Chores. Can somebody make some Specs for me and in what order I should buy the parts. I want a cool Case by the way, a Case that will stand out! I also dunt want to save for like 5 years for one part!

Edit: If u could, can u gimme the Websites u found em at.

u want to build a new comp or upgrade your current one? the one u have right now is fine unless u wanna take it up to 1-2 gigs of memory. Then over clock it that would be maxing out your system.

I dunt know how to Overclock, and Im scared lol, I dunt want to mess up my Processor... I'm only 14

its ok im only 16 its easy to over clock but since you have such a nice processor i wouldnt risk it cause you would prolly have to upgrade your cooling and u have too many nice parts in your system so i suggest doubling or tripling the ram!

Ok, I only hav 2 RAM Slots rite now, For Christmas planning to buy a new Motherboard and a AMD Athlon 64 3200... so between now and then I'm gonna buy a case (cause mine is Ugly, and unforntuanatly, I'm Not) and try and buy as much RAM as I can! It says My Motherboard can support DDR 400 PC3200 DIMM RAM, so like what do I buy?

ok since you already got the mobo and proc down..its time to choose the RAM, vid card, case, etc. Are you planning to keep your old hard drive, monitor, speakers? I would recommend getting some corsair value RAM if you dont have the money. Newegg has them on sale but they dont ship to canada. Does your mobo support PCI-E? You want it to becuase it provides for future expandability. The 6600GT is a good budget video card and will play most of the games out right now.

Corsair XMS PRO High Performance Memory w/ Heat Spreader & LED Lights is the way to go, my friend for ram. 1024 mb of course, i doubt ull be doing any vid editing. or are you? anyways, vid cards, range, from $50 crappy cards, all the way to $1000 (beleive it or not) but those are for the most extreme graphic designers. the best out right now (the 6800 ultra and the x850) (respectively) are around $500. the case is all about what the componenets wattage is important with the more powerful things you have in your computer. monitor depends on the size u want and the resolution and the quality. speakers are of course important, but really the sound card is where you want to focus for sound. right now creative's audigy zs is the best. speakers come in then and logitech or creative are good. anything else? ah yes, the mouse and keyboard but those are trivial. an optical and an internet ready keyboard is all u really need for anything. yhea.

hey T-Doit. as i can see from your specs, its good. whats the problem with it. what are you going to do with your computer. i mean why do you need a better one if its already ok. maybe you'll just wasting money. maybe you should just try to change your casing so that it would look nice. i have a pc but its specs is far lesser than yours and its fine.

I'm gonna get shot for this but...

I agree your specs look just fine.
If you really want to build a better/faster machine just save up your money because a lot of what is hot and hip now will drop in price as the next generation equipment hits the market this summer. You will be able to get killer deals on top of the line current generation goodies. Be patient.
But in the mean time you could focus your attention on modding the case you have. I hang at another forum that is just for modders and since we don't have that here I'll pm you the link. Modding a case takes time and a little imagination. If you go that route take your time and plan what you want to do. Draw it out. Doodle something on paper. You don't have to be a Rembrant just a rough drawing will do. Get an idea of what it should look like then shop for the parts and GO FOR IT.
Besides if you mess up you were already planning on another case. LOL
But just so you get an idea of some costs of mods, I scored a 2 light CCFL lighting system fo $8.00 made by Memorex. A CoolerMaster Aerogate II set me back less than $40.00. Round IDE and floppy cables will run about $15.00 as a kit from PCToys. So you can jazz up what you have now for a song and a dance. Let me find my top hat and cane and I'll join you...

Back
Top Bottom