Can not access to a Micro SD card

bbasi

Beta member
Hi all,

I have a Micro SD card (4GB). When I put it to my computer (windows 7 ultimate 32-bit) from USB port, I can't access into it. And writes "Removable disk G:" (like below image) and doesn't show other specifications of that volume. And when I double click on it, a pop up window appears and says "Please insert a disk into removable disk G:". I used some commands line "chkdsk /f G:" in command prompt window, but it also writes "can not open volume for direct access". And also right click does not work on that volume for format it. In the command prompt also formatting results the same for chkdsk /f g: as message unfortunately.

Is there any way to access into that volume?
Thank you.

I'll assume you put the micro chip in the carrier before you put it in the card slot.

From what you describe it sounds like the chip was removed from a computer with out ejecting it first. It's very possible the chip is scrambled. If you have access to another computer try putting the chip in and see if it recognizes it. If it does and you can get to your files, back them up on the hard drive and format the chip.

Always make sure you right click the USB icon in the tray and select the chip then select eject. That closes off any open files and lets you pull the chip out with out damaging the contents.

Back
Top Bottom