Can my PC handle the 7900gt?

The Power

Daemon Poster
I am considering getting this card in the future. I just want to see if my pc can handle it or will i need upgrades.

AMD Athlon 3200 venice core socket 939
1GB DDR-SDRAM
400watt powersupply

yeh should be able 2, but ya mite need a diff PSU, ATX v2.0 compliant PSU Required for PCI-E Graphics/Motherboard

allenn812 said:
Wow I like all hte facts you used to back up your statement.

Anyways it should be able to. Although depending on the amount of hard drives and optical drives you might need a better powersupply.

You need a good power supply, I'd suggest at least 600 watts since you're gonna have more stuff by the time you build. Get a mobo that has a pci express x16 slot.

600 watts?!?! You really dont need that powerfull of a powersupply. All you need is a good quality one. I only have a 480watt one but it handles my computer fine, even while overclocked.

The Amish Kid said:
Wow I like all hte facts you used to back up your statement.

Anyways it should be able to. Although depending on the amount of hard drives and optical drives you might need a better powersupply.

He wanted an answer, i gave it to em.

actually, its not only the wattage, its the number of amps on the 12v rail that also has a big effect. i would say _no less_ than 22 for that card.

i say he should aslo get some more ram. getting a good card like that also requires ur cpu to be up to par and wats better than upgrading the cpu than gettin ur cpu more ram to give a pep in its step.

Back
Top Bottom