Can to much...

CompMan

Fully Optimized
Can to much FPS hurt your moniter?

I get like 200 in source, but on this one server when it goes in slow motion I get a thousand, can that hurt your moniter??

Thanks.

P.S. Also I don't know if this has anything to do with it, I'm using DVI.

a thousand fps... wat the heck do u play?! Source? even the best comps wouldnt have 1 thousand fps...r u sure u read it rite? and no, why would fps hurt ur monitor? ur monito refreshes itself like evry few half-seconds and its so fast u cant see the flash except when u use peripheal vision and no. i still dont thnk ur fps should be that high. u sure u misread it and read the latency or ping instead? lol

CompMan said:
Can to much FPS hurt your moniter?

I get like 200 in source, but on this one server when it goes in slow motion I get a thousand, can that hurt your moniter??

Thanks.

P.S. Also I don't know if this has anything to do with it, I'm using DVI.
Answering your original question, it depends on what you mean. If you set the refresh rate of most monitors to 200 (or obviously anything above) it could possibly damage it, depending on the monitor. But if it's at the monitor's standard, usually around 75Hz, then there's no harm. And I see now that you're talking about in-game... 200 FPS will really only run at the refresh rate set for the monitor, so it's really only displaying it at <refresh rate (~75)>, though your components are rendering it much faster. Same for 1000 FPS, it's only displaying it as <refresh rate (~75)>. It won't hurt it unless you tamper with the refresh rate, setting it too high.

In basic terms, no.

And @ spywarebanisher,
It could be running at 1000, but it really depends on the map. My computer can run a particular map (no, not just an empty flat surface :p) real-time at 400 FPS, so I bet it could just about make it to 1000 in slow motion.

ive played on the map with comp man.....it goes into slow motion....i have a crappy pc that can run source also...with an fx 5500 and i get around 450 500.

Yea only in slow motion I get 1000fps, but like just during normal play I get 150fps-350fps depending on the map.

Back
Top Bottom