Can this motherboard use two video cards?

Holysky

Fully Optimized
i am currently about to make a new computer and i am going to probaly choos this mother board:http: //www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131275 (just copy and paste to address bar).can someone tell me if this mobo will use two 9800 gt video cards or possibly even 2 8800gt?

no, to use SLI, you will need to use an nForce chipsets.
I dont like how nVidia limits their boards for SLI, them greedy punks.. :p

if you want the cheapest with the latest chipset, it would be the MSI 750i
MSI 750i
heres the rest of the 7xx chipsets
chipsets

i dont think the 6xx series is really worth it for the ones on newegg. I would post tigerdirect links, but i dont really know how to use tigerdirect...

ok thats a fari price for all ofthta. BTW i am having some people telling me that i should change my build up- can you shoot over to my other forum about the gaming pc build and give your opinion?

You run 1440x960 though, you don't need SLi and therefore you don't need to weigh yourself down with an Nvidia chipset. Get a P45 and be happy.

i think i already gave an opinion

EDIT - yeah, go with the P45, unless you are getting 2 8800GT/9800GT right now. I wonder why i went with sli....

i think getting a great chipset with an great single graphics card is the way to go.
and if things starts to get slow, then Overclock?

Yea i think i might do that, only use two when they are getting a little old *cough* 8800 *cough* *cough* right?

Back
Top Bottom