Can i mount a case fan on...

Yeah you can add a fan but you are going to have to mod it a little bit. You could also look into a better heat sink for you Graphics card if you don't want to Mod your case. You could go the easy route and just drill holes in the case like the rear fan has to allow the air to flow from the outside of the case to the inside and then mount the fan. It might not look as neat as the fans they have set up unless you take your time and measure out the distances between each hole and mark every spot so that it is uniform. I'm not saying you would but don't drill the holes in the case while the internals are in it still and make sure to clean out all metal pieces removed by drilling. If any of the metal pieces get behind the motherboard they can short it and you wont get a post. Also make sure to clean and sand the surface when done before mounting the fan so you dont get metal pieces in the bearings of the fan and also so the fan doesn't shoot them at your components which could cause problems as well.

Also @ vampist a computer isn't stock if you added a new graphics card. IMO stock means that it is exactly how it came from a manufacturer. Prebuilt or custom built has no bearing on whether or not it is stock.

I would say the side is generally the best place to put the second one.

Is that mobo upside down?!

I've never seen that before.

LOL or is the computer just upside down in that picture?

Have you ever looked at the case gallery thread?

lots of these new hp cases are set up in a weird way...when seen from the outside it looks to be mismatched and misplaced

Also @ vampist a computer isn't stock if you added a new graphics card. IMO stock means that it is exactly how it came from a manufacturer. Prebuilt or custom built has no bearing on whether or not it is stock.
So just adding a graphic card, by your standards would be considered NOT a stock? interesting... Not saying your wrong nor right. I just never really considered a pre-built machine not a stock. Unless of course it was from a place like ibuypower.

So just adding a graphic card, by your standards would be considered NOT a stock? interesting... Not saying your wrong nor right. I just never really considered a pre-built machine not a stock. Unless of course it was from a place like ibuypower.

Well I always looked at it as prebuilt or custom. My definition of stock is exactly how you bought it. So if you add anything to it its not stock such as a new graphics card or processor etc.

I mean if you upgrade the CPU, RAM, GPU and PSU do you still consider it stock? I just kind of think of it like a car or motorcycle, if you buy it and do nothing to it then it's stock. If you add an intake, exhaust, turbo, suspension and such its not stock anymore. Even though you still bought it prebuilt instead of building your own car from scratch.

I mean everyone has different ways of viewing things but IMO stock is exactly how ya buy it. But either way this is doing nothing to help the OP...:D

Yeah you can add a fan but you are going to have to mod it a little bit. You could also look into a better heat sink for you Graphics card if you don't want to Mod your case. You could go the easy route and just drill holes in the case like the rear fan has to allow the air to flow from the outside of the case to the inside and then mount the fan. It might not look as neat as the fans they have set up unless you take your time and measure out the distances between each hole and mark every spot so that it is uniform. I'm not saying you would but don't drill the holes in the case while the internals are in it still and make sure to clean out all metal pieces removed by drilling. If any of the metal pieces get behind the motherboard they can short it and you wont get a post. Also make sure to clean and sand the surface when done before mounting the fan so you dont get metal pieces in the bearings of the fan and also so the fan doesn't shoot them at your components which could cause problems as well.

Actually, what I do is put a magnet just underneath of the hole I'm drilling. It catches every single metal piece :D

When I was drilling the holes to mount my PSU (It's an ancient compaq case, and the PSU didn't fit for some reason) I didn't even take my motherboard out :p

Back
Top Bottom