Can i have your opinion?

It matters on how much you wanna spend on a sound card. If your just getting a cheap $15 one then as money_man said it will be just as good as your onboard sound, so it wouldn't be worth it.

TRDCorolla said:
Now this is just my opinion. It looks like you're trying to go all out without spending a large amount of money and you are into gaming. First, I would get the Winchester core instead of Newcastle for the CPU. It's about the same price, literally and better:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester Integrated into Chip FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103502

For the motherboard, go with a Socket 939 to go with that Winchester CPU and this one is about $20 more but an improvement over what you picked out:

ASUS A8V DELUXE Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131510

As for RAM, the more, the better. Especially if you are into gaming. This may be pricey, but you get what you pay (only $35 more than your original link). Dual channel, (2x512MB):

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145450

Power supply is fine as well as the heatsink/fan combo. Although I would try out the stock one first before getting an aftermarket one. You'll be surprised how efficient it is. I OCed mine quite a bit and running 30 degrees C right now.

Overall, you're spending about $60 more, but look at the parts you're getting. A better deal for the price. Next, we'll talk about video card.

Ok, here I must disagree with most things. That Winchester core comment is true, go with 90nm, they run cooler and more efficiently. However, i dont think the rest of those parts are very admirable. Here is what I would do.

AMD ATHLON64 3200+ 90nm Winchester

BIOSTAR 2000MHz SUPER OCer Motherboard for Socket 939

OCZ Platinum Revision2 DDR400 2-2-2-5 RAM

GigaByte 6600GT EXTREME 128MB PCI Express GPU 500MHz/1000MHz Clocks

And integrated sound on this mobo is FINE!!!!!!!! Unless you are an audiofile, you don't need much more, or you are extremely picky about audio and don't have really good speakers or need anything extreme! Don't listen to these guys, they act like it is their money!

EasternDigital said:
And integrated sound on this mobo is FINE!!!!!!!! Unless you are an audiofile, you don't need much more, or you are extremely picky about audio and don't have really good speakers or need anything extreme! Don't listen to these guys, they act like it is their money!

When you give your opion about what to buy or what you think, you base it on what you would do.

no i said the AC' 97 is almsot at par. btw very nice card you choose there zen. although why the gigabyte one? my MSI is running at 550/1100 and its like 45 degrees idle 56 under load

i already have the 9800pro so i am going to need the agp x8 slot. i'm no mobo expert but that one looked like a pci-e slot. but i am satisfied with what i am getting and i am totaly confident in it. and i was just curious about the sound card cuz i neevr had one and never knew if there was a major difference when having one. i dont care about sound that much, unless it would be better for my games like in counter-strike so i can hear people better

Dishdog said:
When you give your opion about what to buy or what you think, you base it on what you would do.

No, I don't think that is wise... You base a helpful opinion on what you think you would do in the SAME situation. AC '97 is fine for him according to what I have heard so far, but a soundcard would improve things a bit. :D

BTW, to you BIND, I would sell your 9800Pro and get a 6600GT. You will be happy with the results. :D

If not, then don't go with ASUS. Get a MOBO with a 1600MHz-2000MHz FSB. Not 800-1000. I made that mistake with my SLi board... :(

Back
Top Bottom